It’s here! SIA 2010 is underway, and we are ready to bring it all back to you on our SIA live update page. If you are new to SIA, attending the show, or just want a little background on what it’s like, this handy guide of pre-show tips is just what you need.
2010 is a big year for the show – it’s the big debut in Denver after nearly 40 years in Vegas. It only makes sense to be closer to the heart and soul of skiing, and I’ve heard that the locals in Denver are excited to have the industry in town. An added benefit is that there will be some actual skiing this year.
Our format has changed slightly in 2010 – throughout each day of the SIA trade show, we will be posting copious updates of anything worth seeing to Twitter, so make sure you are following @accessroadblog or watching our SIA live update page. Each night, we’ll post an in-depth recap of the days’ gear, events and announcements.
Now for the big question – What do YOU want to see at SIA? Be sure to let us know.
The snowsports industry trade show is an experience like no other, and Denver is expected to put forth a good showing. Here’s a few things we suggest not missing.
- Be sure to get the SIA Smartphone app. I’ve been playing with it for a couple of weeks and it’s a great resource to have on hand – you’ll have access to a stream of SIA related twitter updates, an interactive map of the show, a handy calendar and contact information for every exhibitor.
- SIA will open in its usual fashion on Wednesday night (1/27) – the SIA fashion show, that is. It’s always a good time and a great way to kick off the show.
- The city is sponsoring what it’s calling the worlds’ largest Apres Ski Party, a series of restaurants, bars and local businesses sponsoring special events in honor of SIA coming to town.
- A visit to Denver would be remiss if it didn’t include some skiing – and guess what? It’s free for show attendees.
- Oh, yeah – you may also want to brush up on Denver’s open container laws.
Love it or hate it, Twitter will be a big part of the show this year. Get involved by using the official hashtag – #SIA10 – or just watch things unfold as the industry converges on the Colorado Convention Center. A few twitterers we recommend following -